I’m guilty. I forget that I need to communicate better. I need to listen more intently. I need to care about the little things. I need to actively participate in our relationship (you only coast downhill!) .
I believe that my marriage is the most important relationship that I have in my life.
So, to remind myself, and encourage you…I decided to write a list of fun and easy Marriage Tips.
I also have selected certain points on the list to highlight in other entries – Feel free to click thru to get more in depth ideas! Also, I believe that most of my ideas will cross the gender lines – so if it says “his” or “hers” – don’t get hung up on the gender, just go with the spirit of the idea and TRY IT!
118 Fun and Easy Marriage Tips
3. Ask about what he/she likes ‘sexually’ and ‘in the bedroom’
4. Ask each other questions – deep probing questions
6. Ask even more questions – ‘how do they deal with it when’…questions
7. Ask what they have on their agenda for the day, the week, the month
8. Assume he/she is on your side, not against you
10. Be more passionate at home, not just at work. Bring home your passion, not just negativity
11. Be passionate in your communication with each other (that doesn’t have to mean yelling)
12. Be real with her
13. Brush your teeth before talking with each other
14. Build a dream list/dream folder together
15. Build them up
16. Call each other during the day for no reason
17. Catch them doing something well, then compliment them on it (Encourage Your Spouse!)
18. Clean up the house without them asking
19. Find a ministry you would enjoy serving in together
20. Find little pockets of time to spend together
21. Comment on how good they look!
22. Comment on the new clothing or how something you like about the clothes
23. Comment on the new hairstyle
25. Dance together at the end credits of a movie
26. Do devotions together
27. Don’t jump to conclusions or assume they mean the worst
28. Don’t masturbate (mainly guys) -then you have to rely on your wife as your only sexual outlet. This forces you to communicate in a more loving manner!!
29. Enjoy small things
30. Find an open air band or orchestra and go dance together
31. Flirt with each other publicly
32. Get a babysitter
34. Give them a compliment in public
35. Go back to the first place you had a date
36. Go have coffee
38. Go to a park and swing with each other
39. Go to a park and walk around
40. Have Sex – once a week at least
41. Have Sex – even if you have to schedule it
42. Have Sex – Kitchen,couch, bedroom, – its your house!
43. Have Sex – forbidden places: backseats, dark secluded rooms, parks – be adventurous, but cautious!
44. Have More Sex – The more you are intimate, the more connected you are with your spouse. (Enjoy sex with your spouse)
45. Hold hands
46. Increase your conversations about sex with each other
48. Keep short accounts (forgive easily and quickly)
49. Ladies – be elusive and mysterious for him – keep him guessing a bit
50. Lead a project together at church
51. Listen to a Marriage Podcast Together!
53. Make decisions together
54. Make her dinner and then offer to do the dishes then massage her feet
55. Make the bedroom off limits to kids
56. Massages – Non sexual
57. Massages – sexual
58. Never embarrass them in public
62. Notice little things and say something positive (tell her you like her shoes – girls like that sort of thing – Thanks American President)
63. Open up about something that scares you
64. Open up about something that excites you
65. Open up about something that has hurt you
66. Pay attention to their dislikes
67. Pay attention to their likes
68. Play easy to get…and be uninhibited in the bedroom
69. Play hard to get…but then be uninhibited in the bedroom
70. Play games with each other (board)
71. Pray together
72. Pray together – for family
73. Pray together – not just simple prayers, but deep prayers
74. Pray together – simple prayers, not deep prayers
75. Put all your money into one account, don’t have separate accounts.
77. REMEMBER that they are your spouse
78. Remember the things that you fell in love with in the first place
79. Remember they have infinite souls and that you aren’t done getting to know them
80. Remember your spouse is a sensual sexual being
83. Serve them
85. Show her how you like to be touched
86. Show him how you like to be touched
87. Sleep Holding hands
88. Sleep touching a part of your spouse
89. Slow down
90. Stop being a workaholic
91. Stop working at 9 pm (if you are work at home parents)
92. Study the Bible together
93. Take dance lessons
94. Take up a hobby together
96. Talk about your favorite tv show together
98. Talk well to them
99. Tease one another sexually
100. Tell each other you dreams
101. Tell each other your desires
102. Tell each other your fantasies
103. Tell him/her she looks terrific
104. Tell him/her something from Childhood that she doesn’t know
105. Tell him/her what you like
106. Tell him gently what you don’t like, better yet…
107. Show Him
109. Tell him something from Childhood that he doesn’t know
110. Treat them how you would like to be treated
111. Turn off the computer
112. Turn off the iPod
113. Turn off the radio
114.Turn off the TV
115. Watch your favorite TV show together
116. Write a letter to him/her
117.Write a story together
118. Have Sex.
Now its your turn…
What fun and easy Marriage tips can you add to the list?
Donating = Helping
Bringing you the Stupendous Marriage Show takes lots of hours each month. If you find help and encouragement here, please consider becoming a supporter with a monthly donation of your choosing…help other encourage others in their marriages too!